Old 30-04-2005, 06:18 AM
Hound Dog

"Frank Logullo" wrote in message
Silverstone Lawnboy engine cycles up and down. Still cutting OK but it is
annoying and probably headed for the shop. Googling suggested adjusting
nut
on carburetor but I can't find one. It's been in the shop before (about a
month before end of last season). Mower is 5 years old and used ~2
hr/week
in cutting season. I do all the suggested maintenance but they tell you
nothing about inner workings. When tuned, the damned thing uses gas like
crazy but when it settles down, gas usage goes way down which makes me
think
there is some simple bottleneck/adjustment to carburetor. Any suggestions
would be welcome.
Frank

I've had that same problem from time to time.
Read on another newsgroup that the problem may be old or polluted gasoline.

Not sure that fresh gasoline is the answer to the problem, but as I remember
the problem never happens when the gasoline is no more than 2 or 3 weeks
old. Any older than that then the mower runs raggedy and jumps all over the
place.

I have started getting my gasoline in a gallon container instead of a two
gallon can and so far the problem does SEEM to be solved or at least much
improved.