Old 30-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Frank Logullo

"sherwindu" wrote in message
Excessive fuel consumption could be an improper air/fuel setting. The

Lawnboy may
be a type where there are no external adjustments available, or they are

buried somewheres inside
the carboretor. Uneven running could be the float in the carburator is

sticking, not allowing the
chamber to evenly fill with fuel. One drawback of these inexpensive

engines is that they are not
designed for easy maintenance.

I'm also open to suggestions on a better lawn mower. I have 0.8 acre,
mostly slopes, and tractor will not due since back is down a slope. I like
rear wheel drive and mulch all grass. I actually have 2 of these Lawnboys
but did not bring into discussion. Older is 10 years old and I thought it
was fine but when it got stuck in the shop for 3 weeks, I just bought
another as a back-up. I tried to disassemble and clean the carburator
before but apparently I also had a magneto problem and carburator was tough
for me to put back together. I don't mind paying for service but hauling
the mowers back and forth and waiting 3 weeks is a pain.
Frank