Old 30-04-2005, 09:38 AM
Mary Fisher

"Howard Neil" wrote in message
news:4272a654$0$581
Mary Fisher wrote:

This may be a good time to ask local farmers for their used sheets.

I don't know farmers who use them and my garden plots are measured in low
single numbers of square yards, not hectares. And I only have four plots.

They should now have cleared their silage and they will have to pay to
have the sheets removed. Someone offering to take a sheet off their hands
for nothing will be welcomed.

However, I think that such holes might be too large for a polytunnel
lacing repair.

You haven't seen the size of the laces. :-)

Nor have you. He said "thick twine", not "ships' cable".

Mary

I'll post the result if my experiments tomorrow.

--
Howard Neil