Old 30-04-2005, 05:46 PM
NetMax

wrote in message
oups.com...
If you need to fasten the 2 pieces of bogwood try using an epoxy putty
sold by lfss and aquarium merchandise dealers. It can be used under
water and it will completely bond/cure under water and in an hour it
can even be drilled! Good luck - and yeah, netmax's idea sounds best.
Later!

I've never used an epoxy which cures underwater (that could be useful),
but when I tried using adhesives to hold driftwood together, the results
were not very good. I had used silicone and generic driftwood (probably
a western cedar). Eventually the outer bark absorbed enough water for
the adhesive bond to start falling apart. I think the success of
adhesives will vary according to the type of driftwood, and the Mopani
Elaine is using would be a good candidate, though I'm still partial to a
well-hidden stainless steel screw now. ymmv
--
www.NetMax.tk