Old 30-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Phisherman

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 13:09:33 GMT, Barry Andrews
wrote:

Hi,

I overseeded my lawn about 5 weeks ago, and I applied a starter
fertilizer as well. The new grass has come up and I have already mowed
once. (4") The new grass looks kind of puny in a lot of places, and I
was wondering if it was too late to hit it again with fertilizer. I am
thinking that I did not apply enough the first time. I checked the soil
pH with a meter and it read 6.8, so I think that should be good. In 2-3
more weeks I want to apply a weed killer. Would it be okay to use a
fertilizer/weed killer combo, or is it too late for fertilizer?

many thanks for your help,

Not knowing your location nor the current condition of your lawn makes
a recommendation difficult. Weed killers are very punishing to young
grass--spot weed treatment is better. Most slow-release fertilizers
will last a couple months.