Old 30-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Steve

J Fortuna wrote:
Correction: I have only 6 Paphs, now surely that cannot possibly be enough?
I still don't have a single one of those huge paphs that look like bullfrogs
(like Paph Winston Churchill 'Indominable' for example, wouldn't mind having
that one, and maybe a big green Paph to go with it as well), and then there
is that neat species paph that looks like a poisonous mushroom (white with
black spots ... paph bellatum, that's it), oh and I wouldn't mind having a
bigger pure white paph (bigger than my Paph Deception II that is), Paph
Magic Lantern is also on my list, oh and given how fond I am of my paph
malipoense, maybe a malipoense hybrid would be neat to have too. I really
liked all the paph lowii that they had at the orchid show in NY, they look
like puppies with pink ears to me, but unfortunately David is not really as
taken by them as I am, and so maybe I should first buy ones that we both
like.

Sigh. I need more Paphs.

Joanna, the Incorrigible

Oh Joanna, you don't have a problem. You have your future nicely planned
out. ;-)
I was going to suggest you try a Paph Armeni White for the white paph on
your list. Then I realized it's not bigger than your Paph Deception II.
You might get one anyway because it is a perfect companion to the Magic
Lantern you will soon buy. The 2 plants are just about identical as far
as I can see and the flower shape is the same too. Magic Lantern is
supposed to be easy to bloom but mine hasn't bloomed yet. My Armeni
White, on the other hand, bloomed easily as the first fan of leaves
matured. You need one.

Steve