Old 30-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Susan Erickson

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 14:43:34 GMT, "J Fortuna"
wrote:

Correction: I have only 6 Paphs, now surely that cannot possibly be enough?
I still don't have a single one of those huge paphs that look like bullfrogs
(like Paph Winston Churchill 'Indominable' for example, wouldn't mind having
that one, and maybe a big green Paph to go with it as well), and then there
is that neat species paph that looks like a poisonous mushroom (white with
black spots ... paph bellatum, that's it), oh and I wouldn't mind having a
bigger pure white paph (bigger than my Paph Deception II that is), Paph
Magic Lantern is also on my list, oh and given how fond I am of my paph
malipoense, maybe a malipoense hybrid would be neat to have too. I really
liked all the paph lowii that they had at the orchid show in NY, they look
like puppies with pink ears to me, but unfortunately David is not really as
taken by them as I am, and so maybe I should first buy ones that we both
like.

Sigh. I need more Paphs.

Joanna, the Incorrigible

As Dave and Steve said - You need more Paphs. Isn't Al in your
neck of the woods?

DPE0268 Paph. Wossner Vollmond (niveum 'Triad' x armeniacum
'Limon') Good looking White on his web site

DPE0269 Paph. delenatii one of the parents of that Magic Lantern
you like. Very lovely.

DPE0346 Paph. Yospur (delenatii x Conco-bellatulum 'yellow')
this is on the white end - and very pretty in his catalogue

Paph lowii does look like a puppy dog. It also spreads and lays
its spike over the entire collection unless you tie it securely
every few days.

DPE0825 Paph. Irish Lace (primulinum 'Windy Hill' x Sierra Lace
'Whippoorwill' AM/AOS) this green is lovely too.

I am sure you need some paphs - but I tend to agree this is not
the time to buy. Wait to see if any are in bloom when you want
blooms. But mean time do your shopping and make a list of
considerations. Look at size as well as color and style of
bloom.

Have fun.
SuE