Old 30-04-2005, 07:32 PM
George

"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
news:MEOce.622$HD4.311@okepread02...
George wrote:
"Michael Shaffer" wrote in message
news:N1Oce.616$HD4.254@okepread02...

All the photoelectric timers I've seen are opposite of what I need. Is there
a timer that turns the power on at daybreak and off at dusk?

If you have fish and a biofilter, it is always best to leave the pump
running. Not doing so can risk killing off the beneficial bacteria in the
filter, and cause nutrient/toxin build up in the pond.

The only reason I wanted to turn the pump off is it uses about 460 watts of
electricity, otherwise I would leave it on all the time.

You might want to look into buying a cheaper one that uses much less electricity
and that you can keep on at night. That way, you can turn the bigger pump on
during the day, and then switch to the smaller pump at night.