Old 30-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Trefor Jones

Some say yes others, no. I will have to wait until August when I normally
change from one compost compartment to the other.

Pity I live in East Renfrewshire who have recently distributed brown bins
for garden waste - useful for things that take a long time to compost like
moss which grows in great abundance here!- no dalek bins for us! Seems daft
giving good compostable stuff to the council for free so that you can buy it
back later!
Trefor

"Trefor Jones" wrote in message
I've been happily shredding envelopes together with junk mail and other
superfluous letters and adding them to my compost. I read recently that
certain guests of Her Majesty were employed opening undeliverd letters and
extracting the little plastic address windows before sending them (the

paper
envelopes that is, not the plastic bits) to be recycled.

Anyone know what the plastic windows are made of and will they compost?

Trefor