Old 01-05-2005, 12:19 AM
Ivan

Hope wrote in
news
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:35:10 +0800, "Rheilly Phoull"
wrote:

AFAIK the worms will enjoy packets of food scraps wrapped in
newspapaper, avoid citrus skins etc. Thats how I recall the feeding
instructions from a worm pack I once bought and put into our garden.
Also AFAIK snail killer pellets are also toxic to our "Garden
Buddies".

thanks, I'll leave citrus peels out of my worm-treats. I don't bait
or poison anything anyway so they're safe from that :-).

Is there a reason to wrap the scraps in newspaper?

Hope

Gosford NSW

I chuck just about everything into my worm bin (even though the
"instructions" gave me a big list of things not to include) and it doesn't
seem to be doing the little fellows any harm at all! They are quite happy
to eat onion, capsicum and chilli, citrus etc... That's my experience with
worms for what it's worth

To answer your question regarding newspaper, it provides a carbon source
for all that nitrogen that you're putting in - this, of course, speeds up
decomposition ("composting") which gives the worms more food more quickly.

HTH,

Ivan.