Old 01-05-2005, 12:54 AM
Frank Logullo

"sherwindu" wrote in message

I'm also open to suggestions on a better lawn mower. I have 0.8 acre,
mostly slopes, and tractor will not due since back is down a slope. I

like
rear wheel drive and mulch all grass.

I have had a Honda self propelled mower for over 20 years, and it still

runs
good with regular normal maintenance. The Brigs engines seem to be

stubborn
starters in cold weather, and they don't give you accessible external

controls to
adjust the air/fuel, etc. The Honda is more expensive, but in my opinion,

worth
the extra cost.

I'm tending in that direction. One of my son's used one of my Lawnboys for
a year before he had to get it serviced.
He bought a Honda and said it is far superior to the Lawnboy. Don't know
what my eldest son has but he said he bought a reconditioned mower from Home
Depot and has had no problem with it in 5 years. I think now my Lawnboys
are going to Goodwill next time they need repair.
Frank