Old 01-05-2005, 12:24 AM
Wilmdale

Larry wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:06:17 -0600, Wilmdale
wrote:

Ok, here are the latest. On page 8 at the bottom, the first photo is
Monday of this week and the last two (2) are were taken this morning.
I measures the water height this morning and it is 5 1/2 - 6 inches
lower this morning than last Sunday night. I do not see any obvious wet
spots around the water falls or streams. And on Monday after a very
chilly damp day, there seemed to be no noticeable water loss at at
during that 24 hours. So my question is do you think this is just
normal evaporation or do I have a slow leak some where?
My next step is to use the "milk jug test" to check for leakage.
Thanks for looking and for your suggestions.
Have a great weekend!

W. Dale
Wilmdale Pond - http://home.pcisys.net/~muaddib

Hi Dale,

This group provided me with suggestions to help me find my leak
problem. My waterfall is the size of your middle one and pond much
smaller than yours.

I was loosing 5" per day and hoped it was evaporation. No chance
everyone said. I was told to turn off my pump, fill up the pond and
see what happens. If it holds it's your waterway, if not then most
likely your pond.

It turned out to be my waterfall. Liner located under some side rocks
slipped below second tier waterline. Easy to lift and fix.

Turn off your pump and see what happens over a day.
You seem to have plenty of liner well above the waterfall waterline
so lets hope that if there is a small leak in the pond area that it is
close to the surface. ;-}

All the best,

Larry

Thanks, Larry!
I forgot about turning off the water falls. DUH! I appreciate the tip. :-)
I did get the milk jug put in and I am hoping it is all just evaporation
due to it being so dry much of the time here in Colorado Springs.
I top off my pond this afternoon (REALLY topped it off! LOL) and posted
some new pics of it being full.
I will let you know how it goes~