Old 30-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Bilbo Baggins

Thanks for the suggestions. I must admit I am not overly keen on Monkey
Puzzle but I will take a look at the others.

KW

"Bilbo Baggins" wrote in message
I am currently working on a project at work which involves the

construction
of a small village square. The area isn't very large (approximately 25m x
25m) but I need to put a tree in the centre. I want a semi-mature

specimen
which will make a nice centrepiece but it has to be something fastigious

as
there are flats around the square and I don't want to take away too much

of
their natural light.

Something which will grow fairly tall (up to, say, 8 metres) with a

maximum
total spread of , say, 5 metres would be ideal. Better still would be
something evergreen but I suppose this is asking too much.

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

KW