Old 30-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Bob Hobden

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

Yesterday, I found a very large handsome bumble bee bumbling around
the kitchen. Vaguely, I seemed to recall someone here saying that bumble
bees don't sting. So instead of catching him in a glass, as I would a
honey bee, I gently picked him up in my hand. The bee had not read urg,
and promptly stung, though not thoroughly enough to lose his
stingerthing , before being liberated outside.

Ungrateful little b
Seek no favours from me
I won't give any wellmeaning assistance
Next time you get stuck

I sympathise with you Janet.
Remember riding my motorcycle home when a youngster and getting one full in
the face which promptly stung me on the top lip, by the time I got home you
wouldn't believe the state of my face. Doc gave me some stuff, so no
permanent damage except it was my Applied Maths "A" Level second paper in
the afternoon, no chance with all those anti-histamines!

--
Regards
Bob