Old 01-05-2005, 03:53 AM
Koitoy Koitoy is offline
Registered User

[quote=~Roy~]The average person would have to get a second mortgage on their house
to buy just one roll of the bentonite matting. Its high dollar. Yes it
does get cheaper the more you buy, but to get to that point you would
have a humongus pond, or would that be lake.. Bentonite overall is
cheap to buy, but that does not apply to the mat by any means. I had
talked to a company abaout it, and they basically did not recomend it
for a typical pond, especially if anything got planted in it, and it
also requires a lot of care and proper preparations before it can be
put in place. Its more suited to waterproofing subgrade walls etc, and
making contained lagoons or catch basins or prevent l;eeching of stuff
out of these basins etc........

I know..sigh.....but doesn't that stuff sound so cool? Resists tree roots, tunnelling animals. The resources I have viewed didn't elaborate about a lot of prep work. I learned about 3 different methods for the granular sodium bentonite, but the bentamap reference made it look like a piece of cake. What are some the the preparations needed? Heck, one day I might win the lottery. But then again I might pick a better climate and get me one of those cement pools. lol