Old 01-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Bob Jarvis

Default Phosphorus - effect on soil pH

We recently had our soil tested and found that our soil pH was high
(7.2). The test also reported that the level of phosphorus in the soil
was very low. We were given recommendations to add 1.5 lbs of
sulfur/100 sq ft to lower the pH into the best range, and to add 1
pound of phosphorus/100 sq ft. As the phosphorus in superphosphate is
in the form of phosphoric acid (P2O5) I'm wondering what effect adding
phosphoric acid to the soil will have on soil pH, and how or if we
should alter the sulfur recommendation in light of this. Any help
appreciated.