Old 01-05-2005, 09:08 AM
Loki

il Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:36:24 GMT, Anthony W wrote:

Steve Calvin wrote:
Some motorcycle manuals have some rather lame advice in them. If you
store a bike for the winter, drain the carb but leave the tank full.
This way the tank won't rust out.

Come spring drain the gas into a can and put it in your pickup truck.
Then start the bike with fresh gas..

Tony
former motorcycle mechanic
Owner: OregonMotorcycleParts.com

Never done that with any of my bikes and haven't ever had a problem

You probably live in a dryer climate than Oregon... Here an empty steel
gas tank will rust over winter and I’ve seen many half full tanks rust
above the fuel level in storage.

Not to mention an empty fuel tank can be more dangerous than a full
one (fumes). But the rate our prices are going up, I may just store
petrol at the bank!
--
Cheers,