Old 01-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Ros Butt

Hi Victor
Just hope that you are able to get a new bolt!

The same thing happened with our Husquavarna ride on, right at the
beginning of the mowing season. Can we get a new bolt - oh no!!!. As it's
a left hand american thread, peculiar to this mower, we can't just go to
B&Q etc. Have phoned and e-mailed Husquavarna agents all around the
country, who say they have no bolts in stock, or can't get them, or will
ring us back & let us know when they have checked with their parts
department - but none of them have bothered to reply. Husquavarna have not
bothered to reply to any e-mails.

So here we are with half an acre of rapidly growing grass, and one tiny cut
hand mower which we normally use for the fiddly bits. The moral of this
story ***DON'T BUY A HUSQUAVARNA***!!!

I sincerely hope that Flymo parts are easier to come by and you are
successful in replacing it.

Best wishes
Ros

Nice day to cut the grass I thought. All going well until CRASH!!!!
I'd hit the rotary washing line ground spike with the mower and the blade
came off with a crunch. After inspecting the damage, it appears that the
main bolt to hold the blade on has sheared off leaving part of it still
screwed in.
Is this a repairable job or does it mean a new mower.

Victor

Chichester
West Sussex, UK.