Old 02-05-2005, 04:35 AM
MC

Default Something keeps tipping my citrus trees!

Hi all,

I have a lime, lemon and orange tree that have been in the ground for a year
and evrytime they start to get a few new growing tips (and I get really
excited) they seem to get tipped by something?!

Hence, they are still very small and quite compact - my missus reckons they
were mis-labelled at the nursery and are dwarf varieties! LOL

The ground they are on is quite hard/clay type soil, so that doesn't help,
although I did dig the hole over quite well and planted with plenty of good
compost and mulch around the base.

Any ideas on what is taking the tips off the trees and/or how I can stop it?

Cheers,
MC