Old 02-05-2005, 04:48 AM
RWL

On 1 May 2005 18:40:32 -0700, "
wrote:

I have an embankment 60 metres long. The slope is approx 45deg. The
height varies from zero to 4.5metres, but is mostly 4 metres. The slope
is grassed, the grass having been planted the year before last. I now
have the problem of mowing. I've done it once with a strimmer and a
ladder, but never again! I've heard that it can be done with a hover on
a rope. Has anyone any good idea about this, other than mountain goats?

A Gravely 2 wheeled tractor (walk behind) with dual wheels is what I
used to use for steep mowing. I don't think I ever had to do 45º
though. If I had to do that, I'd probably try it angled to the hill
rather than sideways.

The dealer who sold me my Grasshopper ZTR mower had a bank behind the
shop that was darn near 45º and he mowed it sideways - in the morning
when there was still a little dew on the grass. It was an incredible
demo. I wouldn't have the courage to do it myself though.

RWL

******* Recreate gaps in email address to reply *******