Old 02-05-2005, 05:15 AM
bmuller

Perhaps. How long does water stand in shallow depressions in your land? Not
all clay soil is totally impermiable, so the water may seep away. Why not
dig a small hole, fill it with water and see if it drains. You could also
dig the big hole, fill it with water, but no plants or fish, and see what
happens. If it drains, get a liner. If it does not, get fish and plants.

"Floydster" wrote in message
The top 2 metres of my land are clay. Can this be used to create a large
pond without a liner? I have 4 acres of unused farmalnd in Scotland (very
wet, very exposed) and would like to use the land for something more
attractive. All ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Floyd
--