Old 02-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Sue Begg

IME, the birds won't touch it because it does go soggy and retains the
wetness, unlike natural vegetable material or even strips of plastic torn
from the mypex, which the blackbirds seem to like particularly! When we
clean out our hairbrushes we put the 'dead hair' out of the window, onto the
twigs of a climbing rose, and the birds come and grab it to line their
nests.

The birds used to love it when my kids had ponies (of the hairy native
variety) The hair which was shed in spring was always left in a pile on
a wall for them and never stayed there long before they took it
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!