Old 02-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Zarch Zarch is offline
Registered User

Default Plant needed around base of Birch Tree.

All,

Please bear with me, i'm new to this gardening lark, but really make an effort this supring/summer! :-)

I have dug out a new border and in the middle of the border is a Silver Birch tree. Its about 50-60ft high, so the roots are quite a problem. About a mentre around the base of the tree the roots are that dense that theres no chance of planting too much.

Has anyone got any suggestions of a plant that will thrive in these conditions? Ideally something that spreads and could go all the way around the base of the tree. Height is not that important, its more a ground covering that i'm after.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Mick
Sheffield