Old 02-05-2005, 03:16 PM
John John

Default Transplanting wisteria

I have a 2 year old wisteria plant in my backyard that seeded itself and
has grown to be about 4 feet tall and several feet wide. It is just
starting to bloom this year (yeah!). Unfortunately, it seeded itself in
a very undesirable location and I need to move it to a more suitable
location. It has already developed several leaves, some blooms and lots
of new shoots from its branches and the plant has several trunks, each
of which is between 1 and 2 inches thick. Can someone give me any help
or tips on the best way to go about making my desired transplant a
successful one? I really neeed to move it from its current location, but
I want to make sure that I don't unntentionally harm, or worse yet kill,
this beautiful vine. I live in SE Texas (Houston) and our Spring is
almost over and Summer is just around the corner down here.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John_John