Old 02-05-2005, 03:09 PM
CanadianCowboy

WORKS GREAT !!!!!!!!!

I don't see "you know who" anymore !!!

Elaine T wrote:
Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:

We moved from Outlook Express to Thunderbird because of the number of
viruses designed for it. Sadly, Thindrbird seems not to have
newsgroup filters. Does anyone know it there is a way to set an NG
filter in Thundrbird?

Jim

Yep. Rightclick on an offensive from line and choose "Create filter
from message" in the dropdown. That brings up the kilfile interface.
You can filter on subject lines or email addresses. Choosing "contains"
gives you the option to match multiple email addresses with one filter.

You can also get to it through Tools...message filters. I wish it were
a bit more powerful, for example, you can't filter on cross-posting.
However, it gets rid of most of the junk once you've collected enough
email addresses.