Old 03-05-2005, 12:18 AM
PatK

Dah wrote:

I was wondering if there's something safe that I could use to get rid of
gnats around my houseplants? They seem to be all over the soil on a
couple of my plants. I also have cats and a dog and didn't want to use
something that might be harmful to them. (or me!) Oh and, any ideas what
might be causing this?

Thanks,
Pat

Spread a layer of perlite on the surface of the soil. It stays dry and
prevents the gnats from reaching the actual soil to lay eggs. The
abrasiveness prevents already hatched nymphs from creeping out. Use
yellow sticky strips to trap the gnats.

Thanks ! I've gotten so many great ideas about this I'll have to try
them all.

Pat