Old 03-05-2005, 08:13 AM
presley

actually, I have successfully grown opium poppies from the spice rack poppy
seed jar. Maybe they irradiate them or something, but plenty still
germinated. However, the poppies were mostly single, and dull colored IMO-
(pinkish lavendar and such). Large single blossoms, not the desired peony
form.
"madgardener" wrote in message
Try Thompson and Morgan and look under Somneferum papaver. Or "breadseed
poppies" those are the kind which we use the blueish seeds on our muffins
and rolls.........and no, those at the grocery store are sterile.....or
ask