Old 03-05-2005, 03:47 AM
r.bartlett

"Rod" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 May 2005 11:27:37 GMT, "r.bartlett"
wrote:

Hi guy's

We had some lliandi type trees removed -about six in all- which we then
had
the stumps ground out. this churned up the ground and left us with a huge
load of chips+earth. we had to shift it as it was where the new patio was
going to go.

As we were having some new boarders dug we burried this stuff -about 10
inches down- along the length at a thickness of roughly 4 inches then had
the new earth put on top to get to the finished height.

Now we are wondering if the soil ph will be affected or if the plants will
be poisoned in some way?.

Any thoughts on this??

Sacha's summed it up pretty well, short term you may see some
depressed growth while the process of decay gets going - use high
nitrogen feed and keep the borders moist to correct this. Long term
nothing but good.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.

will do ;-)

many thanks for the imput this has eased our concerns

cheers

richard