Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

lots of good advice about rhubarb growing and feeding. Most of which I
have done but wondered if I ought to split my crop or buy new.

Thanks for all the information, I hadn't realised the hole had to be
that big! I would like to have bought a new variety as this might extend
the season or might just give me slightly more tender rhubarb, as, even
when young my rhubarb is quite 'sturdy' I would have like to have gone
for a champagne variety there are a couple I believe, as mine is
probably Victoria.

Will start digging this week! Haven't got old shoes and bones would be
dug up by the dogs but the rest is fine

janet

--
Janet Tweedy