Old 03-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Mike

Sorry if this appears twice, but it is not showing on my computer

They were saying that after June it will be illegal to sell manure by
the load

A trailer with a lid on it becomes 'A Container', thus a "Container of
Manure" to go along with a "Bag of Compost" easy ;-)

and not only that the poor riding school owners will not be
able to store it on soil, (must be on concrete)

"MUST" be concrete? 'Not on soil' is 'not on soil' if spread on a heavy duty
tarpauline.

and mustn't be allowed
to drain into public water systems (though it doesn't anyway).

So, dig a big hole and put a septic tank in and sell that off 'in marked
containers' Let people bring their old plastic milk containers and have
labels printed at the Riding School to fix on them.

Read the small print word by word. There is nearly always a 'let out' and a
way round these things. Above are a couple I came up with in a few minutes.
There must be hundreds of ways of complying, but not complying.

I learnt a long time ago how to write letters to get things done, or not
done, by the careful use of words.

Mike