Old 03-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Ceri Davies

On 2005-05-03, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Went to a friend's garden yesterday with a group of keen gardeners and
several people were there who have regular supplies of manure delivered
(weekly by trailer!)

They were saying that after June it will be illegal to sell manure by
the load and not only that the poor riding school owners will not be
able to store it on soil, (must be on concrete) and mustn't be allowed
to drain into public water systems (though it doesn't anyway). EU
directive apparently.

And then they complain that there's not enough organic matter in the
soil: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4508503.stm

I feel a letter to my MP coming on... oh, wait... who do I complain at
this week?

Ceri
not sure about the former. -- Einstein (attrib.)