Old 03-05-2005, 04:36 PM
samboc7 samboc7 is offline
Registered User

Location: cambridgeshire

Hi Janet,

I manage a local livery yard and I am not quite sure how we are going to cope with these new rules. Our muck heap it allowed to compost over the winter and spring months and then I have a friend come in and spread it on my feilds that were used during winter. This way I don't need to get it fertilised with chemicals and I use my muck heap to my advantage..... I must admit it has helped my garden no end too!

We are suppose to be recycling our waste....isn't this recycling???

I am conserned that the manure spreading will also be a problem if run off is has to be collected.... surely as it degrades it runs off in to the natural water course anyway!?! AT least with manure it is slowly release in to the environment rather than with chemicals based products that enter the water systems rapidly.

Sam