Old 03-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Katra

In article ,
DM wrote:

Katra wrote in news:KatraMungBean-
:

In article ,
DM wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for musk strawberry and alpine strawberry plants, does
anyone know where I could buy some?
Home Depot has alpine strawberry seeds but not the plants.
any help would be greatly appreciated. tia
-daim

Seriously, try ebay.
I've gotten a variety of plants from that site with links to the sellers
websites for future purposes.

I've gotten some VERY good deals too!

Thank you Katra, I will try that.
-daim

Good hunting! :-)

I've gotten wonderful asparagus 2 year old roots, and strawberry plants
from "Herts greenhouse" off of ebay if I remember correctly. It's been
awhile, but my cats were very pleased with the catnip that grew up along
with the asparagus roots! lol Evidently there were some catnip seeds
mixed with the soil around the roots that I bought.

I later purchased a couple of fig trees that did well from their
catalogue, and muscadine grapes for a privacy fence over the wire farm
fencing I have.

The grapes have, uh, kinda taken over now and need aggressing pruning,
but the vines require little to no water since they are "native" to the
area, and I finally have the green privacy fence I've always wanted.

The thornless blackberries are not as sweet as I'd hoped but they are
healthy and good producers as long as I care for them properly.

If nothing else, ebay is a good place to make "contacts" and often the
bid prices are set lower than the catalogue prices. That can go both
ways tho' so be careful, and do not hesitate to contact most sellers for
private sales. It's against "ebay rules", but that rarely stops the more
prolific sellers.
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain