Old 03-05-2005, 07:52 PM
jgreene

Default divided timer for lights

I am new to this newsgroup, so please bear with me.
I am lighting my planted aquarium with power compact lights on a timer.
My question is this: If I want to have the lights on in the morning
and in the evening, is it okay if I have the lights off for a few hours
in the middle of the day? For example, it is my understanding that 12
hours/day of light is best for plants, is it okay to have the lights on
from 7am-12pm then on from 3pm-10pm? This gives 12hours/day, but it is
broken up. Is this okay, or is it best to simply have them on for
12-hours in a row

Jason Greene