Old 03-05-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Lightning confusion...

Hi,

I am so confused about the necessary lightning for healthy plants.

I have a 33gal tank, 36" long, 12" wide and 16" height.

With the kit came a aquaglo 24", 20W 400 lumens 55 Lux 18000kelvin

I am not sure it is enough for my plants, I have several kinds,
anubias, ludwigias, cabombas, echonidorus, and others that I can't
think of the name.

I was at the lfs and they have sun glo and life glo.
a 20W sun glo lamp will provide 1230 lumens and 125 Lux and 4200Kelvin

same 20w life glo (there's life glo 2, but the specs seem to be the
same), and provides 1440 lumens, 135 lux and 6700kelvin.

Price wise life glo is quadruple of sun glo. $40cad.

Each lamp also has a graphic on the side but I imagine it's something
to do with spectrum but I have no clue how to read it.

My plants right now seem to be okay, but would I be better off with
another lamp, and if yes which one?

Undecided Wanderer...