Old 03-05-2005, 08:13 PM
David Ross

Betty Harris wrote:

wrote:

" have an embankment 60 metres long. The slope is approx 45deg. The
height varies from zero to 4.5metres, but is mostly 4 metres. The slope

is grassed, the grass having been planted the year before last. I now
have the problem of mowing. I've done it once with a strimmer and a
ladder, but never again! I've heard that it can be done with a hover on

a rope. Has anyone any good idea about this, other than mountain
goats?"

This is potentially VERY dangerous. There is no way you should even
attempt to mow this slope. Hire a Mexican to do it instead.

Nice. Instead of accepting the risk yourself, you would thrust the
risk on someone else merely because he was born in another nation
(a nation that occupied much of the U.S. south-west and Pacific
coast until that area was seized in an act of war).

No, my ancestry is not Mexican; it's east European. But I know
that Spanish was spoken here in California long before English was
spoken. Even Russian was spoken here before English.

If you live in California, Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas and meet
someone whose ancestry is Mexican, remember: His or her family
might have been living here long before your own family crossed the
Atlantic.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean