Old 03-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Dave

On 2/5/05 11:29, in article ,
"Dave" Sacha writes

We have a variegated Lamium with bright pink flowers but have never known
the name of it as it was given to Ray. It's very dramatic and will take
deep shade and if anyone knows the name, we'd be very grateful!

Dave writes
My infallible filing system* reveals:

Lamium maculatum Beacon Silver

Silver foliage but variegated, bright pink flowers, loves shade and
damp. Any good?

* I collect all the labels and stuff them in the top drawer of the desk
along with various lists of plants from places. When vital or essential,
I browse through until I find what I need. Useful search this time as I
also discovered a lost plan of the house extension which I wanted to
build....

wrote:

Actually looking at them now the new shoots are light green with only
the outline of the silver variegation, and they do have a strong false-
nettle-like pink flower. Self seeding into many shady dampish places.

Sacha writes
Thanks, Dave. I'll go and look at ours very closely when it stops raining
for 5 minutes!

Actually my descriptions are so hopeless I've just taken a photo and
reduced it to send via e-mail, so you can see what it is like.
Christopher is gradually showing me what my camera can do (I did read
the instructions ages ago!) and so now I have to demonstrate I have the
technology to deal with the image on the PC and e-mail :-)
--
David