Old 03-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Jo wrote:

I can't get rid of it...it's going crazy in my garden....the dreaded
bindweed. It's coming from next door, under the fence and is invading my
lovely tidy beds. I have to keep digging them up and disturbing all the
bark to get to the roots, but the stuff just seems to proliferate. I've
tried glyphosate which seems to be the recommended stuff for killing the
wretched weed, but it doesn't seem to work. I even snuck round when the
neighbours were out and sprayed glyphosate on the weed on their side of the
garden. It seems to have no effect whatsoever.
If anyone has any other bright ideas I would love to hear them. This is the
third year I've put up with this and it's driving me crazy!!

Yeah, well, I've being doing the same for 27 years :-(

Bindweed is a New Zealand plant that has grown up the wrong way.
You can make it sulk by using glyphosate, but that typically
causes the top to produce only a few dwarfed leaves - a year
or two later, it will regrow from its roots deep in the earth's
core.

The only thing more persistent is horsetail.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.