Old 04-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Nikki Casali

My canopy only holds one lamp, how do you guys get to have some much
wattage?

BTW, if you want that Cabomba to grow at all you'll need at least three
times the wattage you have now. You'll have to find a way of
retrofitting more fluorescent tubes in your canopy or replacing it
altogether with one that will allow more tubes.

My two planted tanks didn't come with hoods with light fittings
installed. They're both wooden though which simplifies things. I bought
the fluorescent ballasts separately and fitted the lighting myself. One
tank has the fluorescent tubes simply resting on top of the glass
condensation cover. I have been too lazy to screw them to the wooden
hood so far. I'll get round to it some time. The other tank, the 330L,
I screwed in the fittings that happened to come with the ballast.
They're just simple clips.

What type of canopy came with your tank?

Nikki