Old 04-05-2005, 12:13 AM
Peter

On 3 May 2005 12:09:53 -0700, "john" wrote:

eh, we'd become just like em. And who wants to be an a$$? Nice guys
(and gals) are the minority, but it's a status worth enduring abuse
for, that's what I say

Since I started this thread, maybe I am the best person to end it.
Yeah, you guys are, of course, right. Much better to focus one's
energy and attention on those who have earned it.

Standing back from the issue a bit, we, (read I), need to note that
everyone needs to feel significant. Some obtain their significance
thru virtue and merit. Others have neither to offer so the only way
they can feel significant is by inciting other peoples' resentment.

Resentment = Attention = Significance!

I think the phrase, "Get A Life!" applies really well here.

Well, I have already contributed more attention to the individual in
question than his significance merits, and there shall be no more from
this quarter. I wish him well, and hope that professional help is not
too elusive. --finis--