Old 03-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Bob Hobden

Steve wrote !!

Our allotment is where they all meet for the final confrontation.
Horsetails
coming in from the left, bindweed from the bottom end, Ground elder from
the
right, and a generous helping of couch grass and clover.

What, no Japanese Knot Weed? Would you like some to add to the fight?

Seriously, we had a large clump of brambles next to one of our allotments
and then along came Bindweed and in two seasons the brambles are almost
gone, smothered by the bindweed. Trouble is where it touches the ground it
roots and if I fail to see some creeping into the potato bed ......
A neighbour has a Bindweed problem and tours his garden looking out for any
shoots and then pulls them out. His persistence is having and effect after
one season, a plant cannot survive without leaves (well some can but that's
how they grow)

--
Regards
Bob