Old 04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Newt Newt is offline
Registered User

Location: Maryland zone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by John John
I have a 2 year old wisteria plant in my backyard that seeded itself and has grown to be about 4 feet tall and several feet wide. It is just starting to bloom this year (yeah!). Unfortunately, it seeded itself in a very undesirable location and I need to move it to a more suitable location. It has already developed several leaves, some blooms and lots of new shoots from its branches and the plant has several trunks, each of which is between 1 and 2 inches thick. Can someone give me any help or tips on the best way to go about making my desired transplant a successful one? I really neeed to move it from its current location, but I want to make sure that I don't unntentionally harm, or worse yet kill,
this beautiful vine. I live in SE Texas (Houston) and our Spring is almost over and Summer is just around the corner down here.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John_John
Hi John,

Here's a couple of very helpful sites about wisteria. Do be sure to put it on a VERY strong structure as it will get VERY heavy over time.
http://www.rippingale.com/~meacham/wisfaq.html
http://www.plantamnesty.org/pruning_...t_wisteria.htm

Newt
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.