Old 04-05-2005, 10:08 AM
jim

"eurekaoz"
PER.CASE.LEAVE.EVERYTHING.
ELSE wrote in message ...
I'm currently having the same problem on my naval oranges with a brown bug
that is also having fun with my peach tree (and blends in with it bloody
well too).

I usually knock them into a bucket of hot water but have found that

spraying
with homemade white oil kept them off the trees for about 5 to7 days. Not
really sure why, maybe the oil and small amount of detergent in the oil

mix
made the tree surface unpalatable. The mix was a bit stronger than usual.

--
Chris

Subsido ergo sum. I lurk therefore I am.

snip

It's a Harlequin bug, or stink bug, be careful as it shoots out a spray that
is acidic and stinks, it's dangerous to the eyes and not too good for your
skin either, and it takes forever to get the smell off. Wear old clothes and
rubber gloves and a pair of goggles for the eyes, use a pair of tongs to
grab the buggers and drown them in a bucket of water.
http://www.ento.csiro.au/aicn/name_c/a_1994.htm