Old 04-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Pat Kiewicz

said:

You can add Missouri to your list. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Snow flurries on Monday and a FREEZE last night. I covered over my
fern-leaf peony (nearly ready to bloom) and my poppy (really big buds).
I know the garlic and leeks will be fine, hope the peas and onions will
manage, and expect the recently arrived perennials to do alright pushed
up against the house and covered with a lean-to.

In all the years I've lived here in SE Michigan, I don't ever remember snow
in May.

(attributed to Don Marti)