Old 04-05-2005, 12:48 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes

Feeding it as I did, oh, and I forgot to mention, lashings of liquid
feed made from nettles, kitchen waste &c, and leaving the plants
untouched for a year resulted in some sticks as thick as a
ten-year-old's wrist.

Oh I get thick stems but the actual variety isn't what I would term
'tender' as some I have seen.

Well fed rhubarb grows more quickly, consequently is more tender, but by
all means, add other varieties. Remember though, that rhubarb wine is a
no-no for anyone with arthritis or similar.

I was thinking of crumble but in our puddings not my bones!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph