Old 04-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Catty One

Hi Mad,

I always thought that putting out dryer lint was NOT a good thing to do ...
concerns of dyes and perfumes from our laundry and if the stuff gets wet
it'll just hold water and keep things cold and damp for a while.

I put out my cat's fur (of course he has relinquished it to the brush first)
:-)

Catty One
(aka LeeAnne in another newsgroup life, been ages since I posted here)

"madgardener" wrote in message

""Fragile Warrior" Volfie" wrote in message
Holy cow, the hummingbirds are already here in central Indiana and we've
been having very cold nights! Is there anything I can do to help out the
little guys besides making sure my feeder is full with fresh food

everyday?

Giselle (I'd knit them little ponchos but they won't stay still long

enough
to be sized)

I'd even add to that leave them fluffy stuff by leaving some laundry
lint.

(it's fluffy, and would make great liner for nests) birds adore it. I
finally left most of mine in crotches of trees and they tore it up and
carried it all away. I was amazed. made me feel better about the amazing
amount I had accumulated in my laundry cave.
madgardener who wonders now if her hummers are lurking about and estatic
with all the spring flowers that are bursting open up in Fairy