Old 04-05-2005, 06:10 PM
madgardener

"Catty One" wrote in message
Hi Mad,

I always thought that putting out dryer lint was NOT a good thing to do

concerns of dyes and perfumes from our laundry and if the stuff gets wet
it'll just hold water and keep things cold and damp for a while.

I put out my cat's fur (of course he has relinquished it to the brush

first)
:-)

Catty One
(aka LeeAnne in another newsgroup life, been ages since I posted here)

well, I figure that since most of my lint is washed and only slightly smells
(birds don't have much of a sense of smell, well, SOME birds, since the "if
you handle the baby bird the mother won't save it and it'll die as she
smells you on her baby" is a myth. Yes, vultures, and what not, but since
the mother's feathers are moisture resistant, I figure she's sheltering them
from damp and what not. Never thought of fur, although the picture of Pat
Fish's dog being plucked by the bird for nesting material comes to my
humorous mind's eye. How you doing, LeeAnne? (need to e-mail me so I can
send you a few pictures of flowers that are popping up here in Fairy Holler)

catch me up on things. always good to hear from one of the established
residents of our "neighborhood" g
madgardener