Old 04-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:46:25 -0400, Rob Halgren
wrote:

K Barrett wrote:

I looked around and I don't see a hybrid named Paph Stone, so I wonder if
Paph.charm x stone might not be a Paph. stonei hybrid, which could be rather
dramatic. You could find any number of Paph stonei pictures on the web if
you do a google search.

Could be Stone-O, which is Pinocchio x stonei

I'm a little unsure of Paph. Charm. It is a registered hybrid (1930),
but it has never been used as a parent, at least in the database. No
awarded clones. I have a little difficulty thinking somebody would keep
a division around for 75 years, and then decide to make a cross. But
stranger things have happened.

There is a Paph. Charlestonii...

Rob

I think we are all trying to say -- SAVE it. IF you can. We
never sacrifice an orchid if it can be saved... almost. But one
you have rescued and has a bit of mystery around it... that is
even more fun.

If the printing is unclear on the tag. Visit www.firstrays.com
discussion on how to recover label information.
http://www.firstrays.com/labels.htm This is a direct link.

Do keep us informed of your success and if you get the plant to
bloom please let us see the photo. Do not post photos directly
here. Post on a website and give us a link or join us on ABPO
( alt.binaries.pictures.orchids ). ABPO is a binary group and
was set up so we could share our orchid photos faster.

SuE