Old 04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
RichardS

"peterlsutton" wrote in message
news

"Jo" wrote in message
Hi all,

I can't get rid of it...it's going crazy in my garden....the dreaded
bindweed. I've tried glyphosate which seems to be the recommended stuff

for killing the
wretched weed, but it doesn't seem to work.

I have only had a small infestation, but I got rid of it by bundling the
foliage up into a ball, treating with glyphosphate and putting it into a
polythene bag ( with the root end still in the ground). I added a bit

more
liquid glyphosphate to the bag then sellotaped it up. The result was that
the bindweed was in contact with the glyphosphate for a long time
irrespective of how much it rained. I have not seen it since.

I think that some have advised here in the past that the glyphosphate should
be a lot more dilute than normal - half strength or so.

Thinking being that if it is too strong then it doesn't get chance to get
right down it's very long roots before the plant dies off.

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk