Old 04-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Tumbleweed

"davek" wrote in message
Remember those blueberries from Sainsburys that were near the sell by
date?
Squished some of them onto kitchen paper and spread the result on compost
in a seed tray.
Left it on a windowsill till signs of life then transferred it to the
greenhouse.
Reckon there's at least fifty seedlings-look healthy. Cheaper than the
£8.95 I paid per bush at the garden centre.
Watch this space.
DaveK.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes until they are as large as the
ones you saw. Are they bb's fast growers? I have a particular viburnum
(fantastic scent) that is incredibly slow growing so I'm not surprised when
I see it on sale at about £20 for a small plant, mine has taken about 10
years to get to 3ft high.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com